Seeking skilled Brewmaster at Bayou Teche Brewing.
Brewing Production Activities
- Work closely with owners, Packaging Team, Head Brewer, and QA , to develop and lead all aspects of production.
- Oversee all aspects of the Brewing department from incoming raw materials to beer release to packaging for Bayou Teche Brewing.
- Insure the highest level of beer quality, production efficiency, and new product innovation
- Actively lead the team towards company goals in order to remain a high quality, craft beer leader
- Lead continuous process improvement efforts
- Manage department scheduling and staffing and coordinate with other departments to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications
- Insure a high level of personnel safety; Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and other duties regarding safety (reporting hazards, accident reporting process, etc.)
- Use hand trucks, powered and unpowered pallet jacks, and operate forklift. Bayou Teche Brewing will provide forklift training and certification
Management and Team
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with best practices and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include but not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and ensures best safe work practices, safety policies and procedures are being implemented
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly proficient in understanding all aspects of beer production, i.e., raw materials, brew house operations, fermenting of ales and lagers, yeast metabolism/performance, filtration/finishing, barrel room processes, packaging, overall sterile practices, brewery wide sanitation, and brewery layout, equipment design and technical operation details
- Additionally, the candidate must be proficient in understanding other brewing support functions, e.g., GMPs, CIP/sterilization operations, water chemistry and processing, brewery microbiology, QA checks, sensory science, packaging operations, etc.
- Proven ability to be a highly energetic leader with track record of team motivation, leadership, training and development while maintaining positive morale
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and strong attention to detail is essential
- Strong understanding of beer styles, their flavor profiles and a proven ability of how to create them.
- Ability and experience with communicating to and negotiating with vendors and other third party suppliers and partners
- Continually foster an environment of continuous process improvement, personnel development and engagement
- Contribute to and be a part of the brewery’s long term strategic planning process
- A demonstrated ability to work unsupervised and make critical decisions independently
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Visionary Leadership – display passion and optimism; inspire respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Innovation – display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas; present ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention
- Change and Project Management – develop workable implementation plans; coordinate projects, communicate changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products: Internet Explorer, Excel, Word and experience with brewery management software. (Bayou Teche Brewing is implementing EKOS in Q3 2016.)
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, e.g., engineering, food/fermentation science, chemistry, microbiology and/ or a degree from an accredited Brewing Science program is strongly desired
- At least 2 years of experience in a production brewery environment preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership/managerial role preferred
- Prior lead brewer experience is preferred
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying:
- Physical demands include but are not limited to: Regular use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Ability to lift or move up to 55 lb bags, Frequent use of ladders ascending to tall heights
- The selected candidate will be required to follow safety practices about the above hazards and will be expected to follow and promotes safety standards at all times
- You must have a valid Driver’s License free of any major violations in the last 5 years
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
**Resume may be forwarded to email@example.com**
Bayou Teche Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer